The Information and Communication Technology Authority (ICTA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of ICT, Innovation & Youth Affairs. The Corporation was established in August 2013 and is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the ICT Authority Strategic Plan (2020-24).
The ICT Authority Board hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons with excellent academic credentials to fill the following positions to be deployed in Nairobi. The two (2) positions will be on a one(1) year contract.
- Recruitment & Training Officer (1 Post)- ICTA/PIC/01/2021
- Web Content Developer & Content Officer (1 Posts) – ICTA/PIC/02/2021
1. Recruitment and Training Officer
Responsible for: implementing recruitment process, learning and development, retention and employment coordination.
- Coordinate recruitment process, conduct verification of candidate credentials and perform reference check, prepare job offer and contractual documents for selected candidates.
- Coordinate the effective orientation, induction, placement of trainees and maintain accurate monthly record of the interns.
- Conduct ongoing outreach for the programme to academic and other tertiary training institutions.
- Deployment of qualified applicants, retention effectiveness, low turnover and availability of trainees to the completion of the program.
- Organize and conduct counseling services, exit interviews, handle disciplinary issues and document the outcome.,
- Coordinate clearance of trainee upon successful completion of the program or where there is a need for short term assignments
- Work with supervisors and mentors both in government and private sector to monitor trainee learning and performance
- Develop a training framework, curriculum, manuals and required documents for facilitating training programs and certification activities with the third-party service provider
- Work closely with web developer to develop and curate courses for both technical and soft skills to enable online, self and onsite trainings
- Liaise with key stakeholders and facilitators to determine Programme training needs as well as the selection and appointment of internal and external facilitators in line with budget and curriculum.
- Ensure all trainees acquire training and certification in areas of specialization and soft skills as a conduit to entrepreneurship or formal employment
- Timely processing of interns’ stipend and follow up with all statutory deductions
- Source for potential employers to provide competitive employment opportunities to the interns and track employment placement or self employment before graduation
- Conduct employment forums, events, conference and workshops
- Facilitate the review and improvement in the program training and employment process
- Evaluate key milestones, share knowledge, best practice and lessons learnt from stakeholders that can improve programmes’ impact
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications , Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor Degree in Social Studies, Business Administration, economics, Human Resources or a related field;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a similar capacity in either the private or the public sector.
- In-depth understanding of Human Resource Management, Labour laws, and training;
- Registered with relevant professional body;
- Good understanding of the ICT sector, the key players and training programmes and associated professional certifications
- Extensive experience in talent sourcing and management
- Knowledge of eLearning and content development
- Knowledge of and working experience with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint and management of a database systems
2. Program Assistance -Web design & Content management Officer (1 post)
Responsible for: overall design and maintenance of PDT Program’s web portal including, and online learning management.
- Plan, design, develop and maintain the Digitalent program portal
- Coordinate content creation, design and develop e-learning and integrate partners learning contents to the portal
- Ensure the portal integrate all interns’ activities, manage yearly recruitment, deployment, update performance and manage mentorship process and other stakeholders activities.
- Create and test code in an integrated development environment (IDE)
- Carry out program online marketing and outreach campaigns and manage social media pages and updates
- Develop security controls and monitor web and portal contents and provide first line response in the event of security violation.
- Provide develop system access control, monitor, analysis and evaluate all breaches;
- Work with cross-department teams to develop the master content calendar for web portal activities.
- Maintain accuracy, consistent look and feel of the web and keep track of emerging web technologies through relevant online media.
- Craft site promotions, newsletters, and online outreach campaigns to targeted audiences and put in place measures for evaluation of effectiveness.
- Use of multiple languages, information mapping and tools for web development and design
- Develop and monitor the trainee’s performance feedback and generate reports from mentors and supervisors
- Work closely with the Communication and Public Relations officer, program leadership as well as the rest of the
- PDTP team to generate content to be published on the portal
- Work closely with the programme leadership to ensure all needed communication with respect to activities, achievements and updates are captured and communicated in a timely manner on the portal.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.