The Government of Kenya has received financing from the World Bank toward the East Africa Regional Transport, Trade and Development Facilitation (EARTTDF). The ICT Authority under the Ministry of Information Communications and Technology serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites suitable candidates for the position below.
- Driver REF: ICTA/EARTTDFP/DRV/01/2016-2017 (Two positions)
Terms of Reference for the position
KENYA – EASTERN AFRICA REGIONAL TRANSPORT, TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT FACILITATION PROJECT EARTTDFP – P148853) CREDIT NO 5638-KE:
DRIVER (2 positions)
Background: The East Africa Regional Transport, Trade and Development Facilitation (EARTTDF) Program is a World Bank supported initiative that is aimed at enhancing regional connectivity of South Sudan with its Eastern Africa neighboring countries and access to sea ports. This will be achieved through increasing transport efficiency along the Juba – Eldoret corridor connecting South Sudan to Mombasa port, facilitating trade and development.
One of the components, to be financed by the World Bank, is the Enhancing Internet Connectivity through construction of approx 600Km of Point of Presence equipments, high capacity fiber optic cable backbone and associated ductwork to be laid alongside the road from Eldoret to Nadapal-Nakodok with provision for fibre spurs and rings to connect schools, hospitals, other strategic locations including pastoralist road side markets, export processing zones, rest stops, community centers and service centers along the corridor in the project area as part of integrated infrastructure development and smart roads network.
The Project would like to recruit Drivers who will be ferrying officers for inspection of works to various destinations of the project.
Key tasks of the Driver(s)
- Driving assigned vehicle(s)
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle(s)
- Detecting and reporting any malfunctions of the vehicle system
- Maintain daily log of trips made
- Ensure all trips are authorized by the Supervisor
- Maintenance of work ticket(s) for assigned vehicle
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicles at all times
- Communicate on external servicing at least 1 month before due date
- Give notice of vehicle insurance expiry 2 months before due date
- KCSE mean grade D or its equivalent
- Valid drivers’ license
- Have served as a driver for at least 3 years preferably in an organization
- Understand the basics of vehicle maintenance
- Valid certificate of good conduct from Kenya Police
- Knowledge of Government of Kenya vehicle regulations
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High level of reliability and integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
The contract is for a period of 1 year renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- The position is open to all Kenyans eligible that meet stipulated minimum qualification criteria in the job description.
Applications accompanied with detailed CVs and certified copies of relevant documents and testimonials should be submitted in a plain sealed envelope clearly marked the position and