Phase 1 of County ICT Roadmaps Complete
he County ICT roadmap project kicked off in March 2015.This is a project funded by World Bank through the ICT Authority.The project will last for 6 months and it aims at improving service delivery to citizens at the county level through developing their respective ICT Roadmaps.After the launch of the ICT Road Maps, the Counties shall begin to execute their individual plans.
The consultants who were contracted have finalized phase 1 of the project whereby it entailed:
- Data collection to establish as is status of each County;
- Gathering information on planned projects in each County;
- Doing a draft zero of an ICT development plan;
- Presenting the draft zero to stakeholders in the County.
- The drafts will be refined several times with close collaboration with the County (Governor, Deputy Governor, CeC for ICT and ICT Department).
- Before launch of the ICT Road Maps the County shall seek final stakeholder input, revise the document and launch.
After the launch of the ICT Road Maps, the Counties shall begin to execute their individual plans. The project will support applications that are common. For example if a revenue management system is a priority for several Counties the project will support those Counties to procure that system under a shared services model.