INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY AT ICT AUTHORITY -May, 2018 intake
The ICT Authority is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. Its broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication. The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Masterplan, 2017
ICT Authority is offering recent graduates and Diploma holders an exciting opportunity to gain hands –on work experience and develop key employability skills that will help them stand out in the current labour market.
If you have graduated recently with a Degree or Diploma, looking to build your career and make a name for yourself in the corporate world, book your slot now by applying for our internship program.
This programme is in line with Government’s Youth Initiative to develop a pool of young talent for the Kenyan Labour Market. The internship opportunities are available in various departments for a maximum period of six (6) months with effect from May 2018.
• You should be available full time for the duration of the program i.e. 6 months.
• You should have recently graduated with a Degree or Diploma from a recognized institution
• You should be a Kenyan Citizen.
The internships are in Administration, Internal Audit, Communications, and Procurement and in Capacity building departments. The full details on the positions are attached.
1. OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (4 interns’ positions)
• KCSE/KCE mean grade of C+ Plus or equivalent.
• Must possess a HND in Secretarial Studies with CPS II OR
• Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Studies or Bachelor of Business and Office Management or equivalent from a recognized institution OR
• Bachelor degree in Social sciences AND
• Typing Open Speed 50 WpM or Typewriting III, Shorthand III(100WpM), Business English III, Secretarial Duties II, Office Management II, Commerce II, Personnel Management III, Office Management III and CPS II.
• Must possess certificate in Computer Applications (Windows, Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, PowerPoint, MS-Access and Internet)
2. ACCOUNTS/ INTERNAL AUDIT (2 Interns)
For appointment to this grade one must have: –
• KCSE mean grade of C Plain and a Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance, Commerce or related field with CPA Part II OR
• CPA finalist
3. RECEPTIONISTS (2 positions)
(a) Job Summary
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Principal Communications Officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail:
• Taking charge of the reception desk;
• Profiling visitors;
• Receiving and ushering guests;
• Maintaining daily record of visitors details;
• Maintaining good ambience in the reception area;
• Responding to visitors queries;
• Receiving, guiding and directing visitors to designated offices and areas;
• Issuing passes to visitors;
• Facilitate in organization of the Authority events
• Assist in administrative services and duties
• Capture feedback from visitors/guests.
(i) Diploma in Customer Service, Public Relations or related field
(iii) Computer skills
(iv) Computer proficiency .
4. COMMUNICATIONS (2 Interns)
(a) Job Summary
• Implementing communication strategies for the Authority
• Coordinating the preparation of speeches, media briefs and Authority newsletters;
• Sourcing for appropriate media to disseminate information on activities of the Institute;
• Developing corporate materials and branding;
• Preparing and placing electronic media infomercials;
• Documenting the Institute’s events through video, photography and press cuttings; and
• Promoting stakeholder relations.
(b) Requirements for Appointment
(i) Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relations or related field
(ii) Computer Skills in desktop publishing
5. STORES (1 Position)
Diploma in Supply Chain Management (final stage form CIPS) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
Responsibilities will entail: –
• Confirm receipt of the right quantity of goods, works or services are delivered;
• Receive and issue purchases to user divisions;
• Participate in the preparation of quotations for stores items;
• File and maintain procurement records;
• Participate in the disposal of stores and equipment;
• Participate in the preparation of periodic and annual supply chain management reports; and
• Maintain reorder levels of stores to facilitate smooth running of the Authority, by replenishing stock in good time.
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit their applications online by visiting the ICT Authority website: http//:recruitment.icta.go.ke Applications should be received not later than 22nd May, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ICT Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.